Sunday, November 25, 2012

P1_post1

Hi, this is my first introduction post :)  And I need to tell something about my "work personality". I took the OCEAN personality test and I will post the link at the end. But according to it, I am uncreative and have narrow interests. Well, that's the first thing I must disagree with :) Even my husband sometimes gets tired of my creativity! :) I love art and photography in particular! I love creating things, I love painting, crafts! This part of the test's results I must disagree with. Another part is that I am neither organized, nor disorganized. Well, sometimes I can't keep up with my kids and keep everything in order, but when I am alone everything is kept neat, clean and organized. My workplace in particular. All my papers and documents are in separate folders with tabs for easier finding. So in some areas I may be a little disorganized but I am more on the other "neat" side :) I am also more on the "quiet" side, and this test got right. I like to listen more and take notes. I like to listen because that way I will get more details from customers in particular, which is needed in my photography field. I am not shying away from social situations, I just sometimes avoid them :) but I can get talkative when I needed. It's just my personality, I guess. I find easy to express my irritation with others. Guilty. Its just sometimes people don't understand simple things or don't mind their own business. And I usually choose who I can express my emotions to. I don't express them in a workplace, of course. This is a place when I just keep it in. Well, that's what this test found out about me.
<a href="http://www.outofservice.com/bigfive/results/?oR=0.65&amp;cR=0.639&amp;eR=0.469&amp;aR=0.583&amp;nR=0.562">I'm a O35-C58-E31-A32-N55 Big Five!!</a>
If I would choose to add something about myself, I would say I am resolving conflicts very easy, and never refuse to admit when I am wrong. I am very good listener and keen to details (as it was said already). Well, and I love photography :)) I also love reading, I like different types of books. Depends on how I feel the day I read them. I love to try new things. I love to try myself in a new field as well.
That's about it, I guess. 

2 comments:

  1. Mary! It was so hard to find another blog to post on! But alas I am here! Love that you found flaws in the test. I realized that the wording is very straight forward and doesn't allow for interpretation.. For example the creativity one. People have different views on being creative. I think its interesting that it tries to identify us all into a default category. So not going to happen!! Like your post. Mine is up too, you should check it out!

    Leah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found the test to be flawed as well. But it is just a novelty, I wouldn't take it seriously at all.

    ReplyDelete