Saturday, December 8, 2012

p1_P3

I got a little lost on the website reading about all types of interesting jobs. Not only the ones in design field, but also in other fields that I know my friends or relatives work in. It's very interesting to see how some occupations are slowly dying, while others grow popular in a very fast pace. Jobs that I would be interesting in are these:
1. Photographer. This is my number one on the list. They sure don't make much ($29,130 per year), but I think these are average numbers. I know people that are making way more than that even after taxes and insurance payments. Good thing about this occupation is that you don't necessarily need Bachelor's to get hired by professionals. You just need to have good eye, editing skills, knowing of equipment and positive and outgoing attitude. The job is expected to grow 13% (about as fast as average).
2. Printing worker. I know it's not very much of a "design" creative type of work, but I would probably want to try this one out. I took Typography course this quarter and I really loved it. I think I can develop a good eye for it too. This type of specialist makes in average $33,150 per year, BUT the job is slowly dying. It's growth is -4%. But I think it would be fun anyway. Someone has to do this.
3. Graphic designer. This is probably the most popular occupation among students in MMDP program. They make approximately $43,500 per year and it's expected to grow 13% as well. I would love to get this job because it is very creative: to design websites, logos, posters, all the other creative stuff. Help companies and businesses to gain identity and become recognizable.
4. Advertising. This is my number one choice along with photography. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to work for advertising company to promote product and create advertising campaigns. People who work in this  industry make in average $108,260 per year, which is pretty cool :) Also the growing rate is 14% which is good too.

5. Editor. To be one you definitely need a bachelors degree. The growth is not quiet good - only 1%. But the pay is not bad $51,470 per year. Editors check content which is going to be published to see if there are any errors or misspells, plan the content for publishing, verify the information and work with writers directly. I used to be interested in writing at some point in my life, so I would love to restore this love some day if I get a chance.


No comments:

Post a Comment